Complaint Review: United Camera

• Updated: Mon, September 10, 2012

• Reported By: John — New york New York United States of America
United Camera
1062 Tower Lane Bensenville, Illinois United States of America

United Camera, United Camera and Binocular Repair RIPOFF - United Camera Repair is such a SCAM! Bensenville, Illinois

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: United Camera does honor their guarantee

United Camera RIPPED US OFF and there are complaint all over the internet. Here's my situation which seems to be like many others:

First of all, THE REPAIRS ARE AWFUL! When I complained, THEY BECAME NASTY TO ME! They advertise that's it's fixed right the first time or it's free. When I tried to take them up on that, the guy said that "nothing is free in life". A COMPLETE ADVERTISING LIE! Asked for a manager, managers are busy and not available but will call me back. NO CALL BACK FROM ANY MANAGER.

I was told to send it back to them and they'd fix it for free the second time but there was no refunds on what I already paid. I read word for word what there promise says on their site. I hear the girl chuckle when she said that we don't go by that. THEY COMPLETELY LIE!

So I sent it in and they returned it STILL BROKEN and they have my payment. I complained again and they said it should be fixed now but if it's not then I have to talk to a manager or pay again. NOBODY RETURNS MY CALLS!

Just google "united camera complaints" and you'll see everyone dealing with what I am. STAY FAR AWAY FROM UNITEDCAMERA.COM United Camera has to be the totally worst place to deal with. They act nice before they have your camera and the WATCH OUT!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2012 10:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Camera/Bensenville-Illinois-60106/United-Camera-United-Camera-and-Binocular-Repair-RIPOFF-United-Camera-Repair-is-such-a-938592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Camera

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

United Camera does honor their guarantee

AUTHOR: United Camera - (United States of America)

Although there are no details in this report allowing us to identify the specific customer or product I can tell you that United does honor their 'fixed right or its free' guarantee' as long as the customer follows the steps that are clearly listed on the web page.  You just need to let us know within the first week of receiving your item back.  We then send a pre-paid shipping lable to pick up the item - once we get it back in the shop to verify the issue, we repair it again at our cost as well as refund the original repair charge.

We have an 'A' rating with the Better Business Bureau and there has never been an instance where a customer has been entitled to a refund where they have not received it.

We do about 2500 repairs a week so unfortunately, we always have a couple that just don't seem to hold up for various reasons such as part failures but that is why we put the guarantee in place.  We also have a warranty that covers the repairs for 90 days.

I recognize that this is an anonyous review but if the author would like to email our customer service team with some additonal details, I am sure this can be resolved.

gyro