• Report: #1120841

• Updated: Tue, February 04, 2014

• Reported By: Ryan payne — Ramsey Minnesota
United Car Exchange
, Select State/Province USA

United Car Exchange Selling my car is not the priority they made it out to be, I had to tell them the 1st customer service rep was telling me I would get all my money back if my car didn't sell!

Beware of United Car Exchange, read this before you commit so you know what your getting into!!!! If you read all of this you will be better prepared to make a decision if you want to use them.

United Car Exchange called me from my Craigslist add to tell me they could help sell my car with their team. they said their success rate was around 85% or better if I remember correclty. I was told by the 1st person that if they didn't sell my car within 90 days I could get all my money back.   They I was sent to the next sales rep to seal the deal. As I was listening I was looking at previous reviews on them on the internet and found some interesting information where you don't get all your money back. When i asked the sales person they talked around and eventually came clean and said I would only get $100 back. Upon further review reading I read you had to jump thru hoops to get your money back. I believe when they don't sell your car you have to do the following: copy your title, have it notorized, and sent it back certified mail, then it would probably be around 30 days before you recieved a refund of only the $100, not all of your money.

Going off the sales success rate I decided to try it as it was $25 off their regular deal of $200, with a promise to get $100 refund. Then they tried to talk me into getting my car listed before other cars for an additional $100 which I declined. Hey, if they were going to work as hard to sell my car as was explained to me why would I pay to have my car put in front of others? Now I'm 1/2 way thru the 90 days with only 2 scammers who tried to buy my car. Important info, scammers won't give you specific #'s and contact information, only try to use PayPal or other ways so they can try not to communicate. If they text look up the # and you will see that the number likely comes from areas that wouldn't have buyers for your vehicle.

I"ve had to ask several times and call up to 4 times to correct disfigured photos, and currently they have not responded to me on the simple question of what specific internet link is Jay Leno's Garage that I was told my car would be on. I did recieve an email of 20 or more websites that it's on when I started, but I just want to know that simple ?. The Operators don't seem to be interested in helping either. Even when you send in questions of specifics the Tech teams and Operators don't seem to be on the same page. Beware and plan on them not making the efforts to do anything other than list your car on websites for 90 days!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2014 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Car-Exchange/Select-StateProvince/United-Car-Exchange-Selling-my-car-is-not-the-priority-they-made-it-out-to-be-I-had-to-t-1120841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Car Exchange