Complaint Review: United Car Exchange

• Reported By: Scout13 — Port Charlotte Florida United States of America
United Car Exchange
P.O.Box504 Internet United States of America

United Car Exchange Misrepresents itself as eBay, Fraud Internet

United Car Exchange called me offering to advertise my Porsche that was on Craigslist. They purported to be eBay, which is where I planned on offering the car. They cost more than eBay, ($200 vs. $125) and when I mentioned that they informed me that they advertised on AutoTrader and several other websites and that's why they cost more. I stated, "Then you are NOT eBay, right" and they agreed. They said they WOULD put my car on eBay but it would take about 48 hours. Now I realize that this delay was to make sure they got my money before I found out they were fraudulent and cancelled payment. They did not put anything on eBay nor did they put it on AutoTrader. I don't know where they put it besides their own website.  They said  Boxsters were currently selling with their advertising in 14 days.  I doubt if they sell any cars at all. Watch out for these guys. They had a girl call me back and had me repeat my info telling me it was taped or some baloney as though they were monitored. She ASSURED me the car would go on eBay. Again, more delay to be sure they got your money. I figured they would pay the $125 for eBay and settle for a smaller profit. No Way. Just a Rip Off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2012 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Car-Exchange/internet/United-Car-Exchange-Misrepresents-itself-as-eBay-Fraud-Internet-961657. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Car Exchange