Complaint Review: United Card Services/ Credit Source

• Submitted: Tue, March 18, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, June 22, 2003

• Reported By:Frederick Maryland
United Card Services/ Credit Source
PO Box 1957 Buffalo, New York U.S.A.

United Card Services Aka Credit Source withdrew $249.00 from my account, never recieved a card, Their phone is not working. rip off scam con artists Buffalo New York

*Consumer Comment: I was able to get additional phone numbers

I recieved a call on my cell phone on January 30th from a company claiming to be Credit Source. They said they had recieved my application online and they wanted to offer me a Master Card. I had applied for one or two cards in December so I didn't assume the call to be fraudulent.

Due to my credit situation they said in order for me to obtain a card they would require a $249.00 deposit. The card was to have a $2500.00 limit at an 8% interest rate. On February 11th the money was withdrawn from my account. I have been calling the 1-888 number I was given to contact my representative and I have gotten the customer service voicemail everytime.

The mailbox is full however so I cannot leave a message. On March 17th I recieved a letter in the mail from United Card Services dated February 5,2002 that wasn't postmarked untill March 10th. The letter stated that I would receive my card within 25 day of receiving the letter dated 02/05/02. It is now the 18th of march and I to date have nothing.

If anyone has any other phone numbers or information please contact me on this site.

Katherine
Frederick, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2003 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Card-Services-Credit-Source/Buffalo-New-York-14240-1957/United-Card-Services-Aka-Credit-Source-withdrew-24900-from-my-account-never-recieved-a-49648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Card Services/ Credit Source

I was able to get additional phone numbers

AUTHOR: AGeel - (U.S.A.)

I was able to get additional phone numbers, though. They are: 1 416 744 7654, 1 416 744 8319 and an additional no. I got from the BBB site 416) 964-0983. I hope this will be of some help, although I seriously doubt it.

I was also given a myriad of excuses as to why I hadn't received the card: terrorism checks, SARS, the Iraq war, computer server problems. I was told the card would be in the mail in the following week for 4 months. I was also told that FedEx had sent it, I was on the resend list...etc. When I finally got a person on the phone and demanded a refund, I was assured I would have my money in the acct in 2 days. This has yet to happen. What I wouldn't do to get my hands on these scam artists!!