Complaint Review: United Cash Advance

• Updated: Fri, June 24, 2011

• Reported By: Debra — San Antonio Texas United States of America
United Cash Advance

United Cash Advance USA Cash Advance Scam Internet

While trying to get together money for a move, I applied for a Cash Advance from various internet sites.  USA offered me a loan for $300, but it was insufficient to help us and the terms were outrageous.  I therefore DID NOT accept their offer.  Several weeks later I received a call from this person (sounded like he was calling from India) indicating that I was in default on a loan to an undisclosed company for an undisclosed amount on a undisclosed date and that if I did not contact the attorney in charge of the case a warrant for my arrest would be served on me at my place of work.  The total which was supposedly due was $928, approx.  I spoke to the attorney who also was unwilling to disclose any of the above information.  I was then warned that I would be arrested at my place of employment in MN the following day.

I checked with my bank as soon as I got off the phone.  I received NO deposits that would match coming from any unknown source.  There were NO attempts to retrieve said loan on the next payroll day, as indicated in the loan application.  I called my employer and warned her of the possible appearance of said "officers of the court".  That was 2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing from them until yesterday when they began calling my friends (references) and harassing and threatening them.

I can not afford an attorney, but I would be willing to join in any class action suit.  This is an outrageous scam on unsuspecting, poor citizens.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2011 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Cash-Advance/internet/United-Cash-Advance-USA-Cash-Advance-Scam-Internet-744962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Cash Advance