Complaint Review: United Cash Loans

• Updated: Wed, May 14, 2014

• Reported By: abbyc119 — Fort Wayne Indiana
United Cash Loans
Internet USA

United Cash Loans UCL ignoring requests to stop calling and breaking Fair Debt Cillection Practices Internet

*Consumer Comment: Question

I was being called obsessively by a number that would never state their name on their voicemail, if they left one at all. One day, I was unfortunate to not be paying attention and answered the phone. I advised that rep that I do not remember this debt and that all calls to my family, as well as myself, needed to cease immediately. I was called again a few days later. Imagine that. I advised this rep that I had stated I denied the debt and asked by to be called anymore. I then requested a WRITTEN VERIFICATION of the debt, PER LAW, and the rep advised me that this was just a "stall tactic" on my part and that they were a "paperless company", and could not provide me with written verification. When I again advised her that refusing to sende written verification is illegal, she stated it was not. I ended the call, and reported them to my State Attorney General. They JUST NOW left me another voicemail, after I went through all this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2014 06:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Cash-Loans/internet/United-Cash-Loans-UCL-ignoring-requests-to-stop-calling-and-breaking-Fair-Debt-Cillection-1146780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Cash Loans

Question

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

If  you did not borrow any money then these are just scam artists trying to trick you into paying them. If you did and they are a third party collection agency then yes by law they are required to provide you with written notification for you to dispute. My best guess is that they are just scammers.

registered