Complaint Review: United Consumer Financial

• Updated: Tue, December 14, 2010

• Reported By: Jessica — Reidville South Carolina United States of America
United Consumer Financial
Westlake, Ohio United States of America

United Consumer Financial Kirby Financing Financing information unclear and unethical Westlake, Ohio

I purchased a Kirby

vacuum cleaner over a year ago. The payment option I chose was 10 mos., same as cash. Apparently, my payments stopped drafting out of my account last year in December. I was not notified of this change nor was I sent any bills. The first I heard of it was last month in November when they sent me a bill. When I called to inquire about it they had an incorrect Email address, and telephone number. When I set up this SAC plan, I was never told over the phone that my drafts would stop in the middle of my payment balance and that I would be later billed with an additional finance charge and interest. When I called and asked if I can set up the drafts again for the remainder of the payments I was told that the offer expired in May 2010. My issue is: The drafts never should have stopped coming out of my account. I have never had a payment plan with anyone that stopped the drafts without any type of notification. Plus, nothing in my account has changed that would cause the drafts to stop on my end. When I set up this payment plan originally they never told me I would have to call them AGAIN a few mos. later because they would manually stop my drafts. I have had customer service representatives to call me to ask about paying my bill but no one can let me speak to a manager. They gave me an 800 number to call but I have been on hold for over 30 minutes. November 2010 was the first notice I received of a past due status.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2010 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Consumer-Financial/Westlake-Ohio-44145/United-Consumer-Financial-Kirby-Financing-Financing-information-unclear-and-unethical-West-671465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Consumer Financial