Complaint Review: United Consumers

• Updated: Wed, January 09, 2013

• Reported By: Dawn1976 — Warrenton Virginia United States of America
United Consumers
Virginia Fairfax, Virginia United States of America

United Consumers Frank Ryan works for United Consumers Called to straighten out a bill and Mr. Ryan ened up screaming and yelling at me because I refused to give him my phone number. Fairfax, Virginia

I was in a car accident in 2009 so I had a lot of medical services. One of them was with Radiology and they sent my bill to collections. Instead of them calling me they called my lawyer and tried to get the status of my case. My lawyer didn't give him any information because it isn't their business. Anyway, my lawyer sent me the information so I called Mr. Ryan. I informed him that my lawyer is not allowed by law to tell him anything and that he needs to send me a statement of what is owed. He tried telling me that he wasn't "allowed" to do that because I have a lawyer so I told him that since we didn't do an Assignment and Authorization that my lawyer will NOT discuss my case with him and that he is to send me a statement and deal with me. He put me on hold to talk to his "manager", he came back on the phone and said ok they will send me a statement. Then he asked when I would be paying the bill. I told him that I didn't know right now. He got pissed off with that answer and started yelling at me. Then he asked for a phone number where he could contact me and I informed him that I wasn't giving him my phone number because there is no need for them to call me and harass me. He started screaming and yelling at me so loud that I wasn't even able to understand what he was saying. I then told him that I will be sending him a letter Certified saying that they are not to call me ever again and if they did then I can press charges. He yelled at me not to threaten him and I told him that wasn't any kind of threat just a fact. He started yelling at me again so I hung up on him.

I know from working in a lawyers office that collection agencies are not allowed to constantly call you because that is harassment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2013 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Consumers/Fairfax-Virginia-/United-Consumers-Frank-Ryan-works-for-United-Consumers-Called-to-straighten-out-a-bill-and-993831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Consumers