Complaint Review: United Directories

• Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: Dr Chad — Magnolia Texas United States of America
United Directories
PO BOX 53282 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

United Directories, US Directories used misleading information to rip off my business and overcharge my credit card Atlanta, Georgia

My business was contacted via the office phone number saying they represent the yellow pages online directory. The woman on the phone offered a few different packages of which I was not interested because I have a local company that handles my internet marketing, seo and promotional. However, she said they had a special for new businesses... A full listing on yellowpages.com for a $5 set up fee and no reoccurring charges.

This is where they lied. Today 10/15/2012 my credit card was charged $90. When I called they said I had signed up for a full package where I had to pay an initial $5 and $.25 for anytime a person found me on the internet. I would have never agreed to this. I looked them up on the internet and they have tons of complaints and one lawsuit up state. This company and their poor business practices should be shut down or at least heavily penalized.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Directories/Atlanta-Georgia-30355/United-Directories-US-Directories-used-misleading-information-to-rip-off-my-business-an-955398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Directories