Complaint Review: United Equitable Insurance

• Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: Solo — Chicago Illinois United States of America
United Equitable Insurance
5700 Old Orchard Rd #300 Skokie, Illinois United States of America

United Equitable Insurance Got Out of Covering My Stolen Vehicle Skokie, Illinois

United Equitable is the worse and I would not even recommend them to an enemy. My car was stolen and they gave me the run around for over 45 days before telling me (after I bugged them for a rental that was included in my coverage, which they never approved) that they had decided NOT to cover my claim.

Their reason? Because I did not tell them on my initial call, to apply for the insurance, that I had a vehicle that was stolen 3 years ago while insured with another company. The represenative never asked either.

She was only concerned with getting through the application for insurance so she take my money. They only found out when I filled out the affidavit of thief, because I had nothing to hide, I included it on the form.

I had coverage with them in October of 2011 which I let lapse (I should have kept it that way). I got it again in January 2012. They gave me the premium back for the latter, but not for the coverage in 2011 (which they should have if the real reason for the cancellation was for something that happened in 2009. I should not have been eligible for that time period either).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 06:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Equitable-Insurance/Skokie-Illinois-/United-Equitable-Insurance-Got-Out-of-Covering-My-Stolen-Vehicle-Skokie-Illinois-974666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Equitable Insurance