Complaint Review: United Express Moving

• Submitted: Thu, July 27, 2000
  • Updated: Thu, March 08, 2001

• Reported By: co
United Express Moving
2500 Park Road Pembroke Park, Florida U.S.A.

Rip-off Moving company United Express Moving (USA Van Lines) has judgements everywhere

On 2 Jul, I entered into an agreement with USA Van Lines (File #: 102003) for the transportation of an itemized list of furniture and 20 boxes (the company moves based on item vice weight) for the amount of $2713.00. The company picked up my belongings on 21 Jul 00. On 25 Jul, I called USA Van Lines to request a delivery date. At which time I was advised there would be an additional charge of $1500 charge because the number of boxes required for the household goods was 30 vice the originally estimated 20.

First, I did not request the additional packing of boxes. Other arrangements had been made to ship any 'excessive' boxes by UPS. The driver stated to my friend in Virginia (Melanie Smith) that the extra boxes would not be a problem because my belonging took up less space than previously believed so their would be no additional charge.

USA Van Lines is claiming that the 10 extra boxes required 150 cubit sq. ft of space which justifies their original additional charge of $1500.

Obviously I argued this point and the customer service representative lowered the amount to $980 for the additional 10 boxes (moving boxes, not crates or anything). I am not above paying a reasonable amount for the additional 10 boxes; however, I do not feel that $980 is reasonable especially when I did not request the service.

Anyway, the original $2713 and the additional $980 have been paid in full to USA Van Lines via cashier's check; however, they are still refusing to ship my belongings or to give a delivery date for my household goods.

Furthermore, originally, the company agreed to 'full payment' when the furniture arrived to Colorado Springs since I was not physically in Virginia where the household goods were located. After picking up the shipment (on 25 Jul when I was told of the additional charges) the
company said I must also pay 60% immediately or they would not ship the goods, which also broke their original agreement. I paid the entire amount ($3700) and the company is still refusing to commit to a delivery date.

I have contacted the company repeatedly and for my efforts I have been lied to, threaten, given ultimatums, put on 'indefinite' hold, etc. I am at a loss. Research showed that that USA Van Lines (also known as United Express Moving, Inc) has been the defendant in four lawsuits during the past 8 months ranging from damages to contractual failure to indebtedness. To cases have resulted in judgements against USA Van Lines (both holding a status of
'Unsatisfied') and the other two remaining cases are still pending.

Christina L. Hope

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on United Express Van Lines

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Express-Moving/Pembroke-Park-Florida-33009/Rip-off-Moving-company-United-Express-Moving-USA-Van-Lines-has-judgements-everywhere-2759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Express Moving