Complaint Review: United Express Van Lines

• Submitted: Wed, June 08, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, June 08, 2005

• Reported By:jacksonville Florida
United Express Van Lines
551 Broadway Bayonne, New Jersey U.S.A.

United Express Van Lines ripoff, dishonest and manipulative Bayonne New Jersey

I had hired United Express Movers to move my belongings from my studio in New York to Jacksonville, Florida

I had explained what I had and they quoted me. When they arrived at my apt., they told me that I had much more than they expected. One of the movers then proceeded to bribe me with increasing the tips for all 4 workers.

I told them that it was unacceptable and that they were trying to take advantage of me. I needed to be out that day.

I wound up paying three times as much as was quoted.

When my things arrived, there was only one man to move them to a second story condo. Also major pieces of furniture are damaged, as ripped fabric on chairs, shelves literally ripped out of the intertainment center, broken dishes, damaged and dented furniture.

This company is totally unreliable.

jacksonville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2005 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Express-Van-Lines/Bayonne-New-Jersey-07002/United-Express-Van-Lines-ripoff-dishonest-and-manipulative-Bayonne-New-Jersey-145448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Express Van Lines