Complaint Review: United Health Care

• Updated: Mon, February 10, 2014

• Reported By: Guillermina — Washington Dist of Columbia
United Health Care
9900 Bren Road East MN008-T615 Minnetonka, Minnesota USA

United Health Care United Health Care Community Plan Failed to pay my Medical Bills; continues to Negatively impact my Credit Report & impede my ability to Obtain Employment. Minnetonka Minnesota

After discovering that my credit report contained over $10,000 in deliqinquent medical bills, I filed a written grievance with United Healthcare Community Plan, on April 5, 2013, via US mail with delivery conformation. They failed to respond in a timely manner, therefore, I filed a complaint with the BBB of Western Penn. on April 19, 2013.

On April 22, 2013, I faxed Joyce Edwards-Palmer, Dispute Resolution Director, my completed Authorization for Release of Health Information form. She notified me of the receipt of form via e-mail, on April 23, 2013.  On June 26, 2013, I was notified via e-mail, that my case was transferred to BBB of Metro Washington, DC and Eastern Penn.

On July 16, 2013, I was notified via e-mail, that my case was transferred to BBB of Minnesota and North Dakota, to Krystle Wallace, Senior Mediation Coordinator. Mrs. Krystle Wallace of BBB was not sincere in her actions to resolve this matter, as she deliberately, sought to sabotage my case, by requesting for me to complete a Authorization for Release of Health Information form, when she knowingly had it her possession.

On August 12, 2013, I was notified via e-mail, by Krystle Wallace, that the BBB was closing my case.  On August 20, 2013, I received a letter from United Healthcare stating "United Healthcare Community Plan Of Washington, DC has shut-down and is no longer in business."  The letter was post marked Aug. 14, 2013, and the letter was dated Aug. 13, 2013.

On February 3, 2014, I received an e-mail from Krystle Wallace of the BBB of Minnesota and North Dakota, requesting that I review the resolusion that she received from United Healthcare and respond. The documentation that I received from Mrs. Wallace wasn't a resolution, it was an Authorization for Release of Health Information form.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2014 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Health-Care-/Minnetonka-Minnesota-55343/United-Health-Care-United-Health-Care-Community-Plan-Failed-to-pay-my-Medical-Bills-cont-1122626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Health Care