Complaint Review: United Health Care

• Submitted: Wed, April 26, 2000
  • Updated: Wed, April 26, 2000

• Reported By:Somerville MA
United Health Care
PO Box 740800 Altanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Unsettled claims left by United Health Care in Puerto Rico

I requested emergency services at Lawrence Memorial Hospital (Medford, MA) on May 3, 1998. At the time of admission I provided the hospital with my full insurance information and left, assured that they would be billed. A year later I decided to apply for a credit card only to discover that my credit had been damaged because I had been made responsible for the bill. The hospital lost my insurance information and they were trying to bill me instead. I never received these letters because I moved shortly after the summer of 1998. I gave the provider (Pierpont Emergency Physicians) my insurance information twice more before they finally billed United Health care this past January 2000. After numerous fruitless attempts to clear my credit report of this item, I was finally informed that United Health Care had said my card number was invalid. In fact, I called them myself several times and they reiterated that they have no record of myself or even the employer under I was receiving the coverage (University of Puerto Rico). Since then, my mother's employer (she was the primary policy holder) has tried to contact the company itself with proof of my former coverage (I am no longer insured by them since they left Puerto Rico leaving many unsettled claims) but has been unable to reach them. I have written them a letter explaining my situation but have received no response yet. Please help me! My credit has been severely damaged just when I need it most (I am going back to school this summer and need to pay for books, fees, materials, living expenses, etc.). This situation has gone on for two years now and I cannot wait any longer for it to be resolved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Health-Care/Altanta-Georgia-30374/Unsettled-claims-left-by-United-Health-Care-in-Puerto-Rico-2151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Health Care