Complaint Review: United Luxury Motors

• Updated: Fri, March 22, 2013

• Reported By: Justin — Charlotte North Carolina
United Luxury Motors
5015 Stone Mountain Hwy Stone Mountain, Georgia United States of America

United Luxury Motors sold me a defective car, now I'm buying a new engine less than two weeks later in Stone Mountain, Georgia

*Author of original report: Oil Change

*Consumer Comment: Oil

I purchased the 2005 Kia Amanti from this dealership on February 25.  On March 9 the car broke down while I was driving it.  I had it towed to my mechanic who has determined that the engine will need to be replaced.  He said that engine failure was caused by lack of oil pressure.  He also told me that I could not have known about the lack of oil pressure because someone had disconnected the oil pressure warning light.  Consequently, driving with low oil pressure caused irreparable damage to the engine components.  Now I am forced to buy a new engine.

A disconnected oil pressure warning light would appear to be a deliberate attempt on someones part to deceive the buyer about the condition of the car.  Though I purchased the car As-Is with no warranty, I have incurred significant repair costs less than two weeks after purchasing the car by what appears to be deceptive selling practices.

I emailed William, the General Manager at United Luxury Motors, on 3/14 detailing my complaint and seeking compensation for my repairs.  William left me a voicemail on 3/16 indicating for me to call him so that we could work something out.  Upon receiving his voicemail, I called the dealership numerous times numerous times over the next several days and each time I either left my name and number with one of the employees for William to return my call or I was told to call again later.  I have had no success in contacting him and my subsequent email has not been responded to.

Either United Luxury Motors has not intention of standing behind the vehicles they sell or communicating with their customers is low priority.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Luxury-Motors/Stone-Mountain-Georgia-30087/United-Luxury-Motors-sold-me-a-defective-car-now-Im-buying-a-new-engine-less-than-two-w-1037040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Luxury Motors

Oil Change

AUTHOR: Justin - ()

Yes, I had the oil changed on 3/8 because I wasn't sure when it was last changed.

Oil

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Did you check the oil level at any time from your initial test drive until it died?