Complaint Review: United Master Lines

• Submitted: Thu, February 16, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 16, 2012

• Reported By: meggy91281 — Citrus Heights California United States of America
United Master Lines

United Master Lines scammed me, held my stuff hostage, lied, NEVER DELIVERED MY STUFF, dumped my stuff in a storage spot that they didn't even give me access to and then charged me the balance! Internet, Internet

do not hire this company. unless you would like to be charged an extra 1,000 dollars to have your stuff dumped in an unknown storage facility and charged for storage while they hold your property hostage until you come up with the money you never owed them.

i was given an overestimate for two rooms, a diningroom set, and 15 boxes of clothes and toys. i was charged overweight-fees for 700 extra pounds. how can your estimate  be off by 700 pounds!?!?!? the mover actually showed me a print-out from the scales, but um... no. my 2nd room was baby furniture and had to weigh half of the estimate for a bedroom set.

let me rewind--> first i had to stalker-call them to deliver my stuff, and when it finally arrived a month late, on a sunday, nobody was in the office to take my dispute of the overcharge the 3rd party delivery guy was claiming i owed. he wouldn't take my stuff off the truck without the money, and dumped it in an undisclosed storage facility. i had my male cousin call the office, and i guess a man's voice was enough to make them take 300 bucks off their overcharge fee. but why would they do that if they weren't lying in the first place and my stuff was really over weight? they said they'd tell me where my stuff was dumped when i sent them the balance, and then i'd be repsonsible for moving it myself!

it took me 3 weeks to get friends and family together to rent a uhaul & pick up my stuff (when my contract/payment was supposed to include delivery AND assembly). but then i couldn't even get my stuff out of storage because they hadn't listed me as an authorized person to access the storage spot AND there was a 90 dollar balance on the storage space! when i called UML the "manager" MAX told me that i was repsonsible for the balance. he also taunted me by offering to move my things to my apartment for an additional 650 bucks.

these people are scam artists. run run run!!! do not book with them. i wish i had paid twice as much and booked with PODS. at least i would have gotten the service. who knows what condition my property is in, and if it is all there?  100 thumbs down. this operation is probably run from someone's trailer. meanwhile my two year old and i have been living out of suitcases, standing up to eat, and sleeping on the floor for 2 months.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2012 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Master-Lines/internet/United-Master-Lines-scammed-me-held-my-stuff-hostage-lied-NEVER-DELIVERED-MY-STUFF-du-840471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Master Lines