Complaint Review: United Merchant ProcessingAssociation

• Updated: Fri, March 14, 2014

• Reported By: Dale — orrtanna Pennsylvania
United Merchant ProcessingAssociation
300W.Cherry St. Palmyra, Pennsylvania USA

United Merchant ProcessingAssociation UMPA Robbers of hard earned money from small business. We're Not the only ones to suffer Palmyra Pennsylvania

Much like another rip off report, I too am a small business owner noticing how many large corperations take advantage of the little people. From every surcgarge, to late fees, to small print on agreements that stand to promote the cause of the corperation and not in the common good and relations of one another in business. So after 2 years and 5 months using UMPA to process my credit cards I was examining my 2013 P&L statement and realized I was spending and exorbinate amount to process the few cards I accept in my auto rerpair business. So I began to look around and see if there were better rates and progarms available. I found a company that had a better fit for my business and called UMPA to discuss my cancellation since I was out of my initial 2 year agreement. I was told by UMPA that I needed to make sure I wasn't going to get ripped off by another company because of "small print" on the contract, also "other companies" have hidden fees. So I did examine the agreement from the other company line by line and found it still to be good. So I mailed my cancellation notice to UMPA certified mail and two days later I found $348.46 UMPA Adjustment on bank statement. I went through the roof.     So I called to ask they remove the charge and the lady was argumentative and said "you signed the contract and agreed to the cancellation fee" So after my initial 2years+ with them paying them the agreed upon fees which was substancially high the stole $348.46 from my account after cancelation.  I spoke with a supervisor which said she would look into it and then called back just to say the charge will stand as is. They also charged me for services which they did not even provide by adding "lost revenue" to the charges. So I say I regret having done business with United Merchant Processing Association on the grounds they are hypocrital in blaming other companies for doing what they have done themselves in unrightly charging me a cancellation fee. With no regard for a small business and what it takes to earn a living and not steal to make a living.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2014 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Merchant-ProcessingAssociation/Palmyra-Pennsylvania-17078/United-Merchant-ProcessingAssociation-UMPA-Robbers-of-hard-earned-money-from-small-busine-1130684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Merchant ProcessingAssociation