Complaint Review: United Merchants Processing Association

• Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: CarpeVita — Doylestown Pennsylvania United States of America
United Merchants Processing Association
300 West Cherry St. Palmyra Palmyra, Pennsylvania United States of America

United Merchants Processing Association UMPA Deceptive Liars Palmyra, Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Clarification and Truth

After doing business with them 3 years they were going to charge me $800 when I opened a second store and wanted to do my processing through them.  I decided to go with another processor that appreciated my business more.  I had originally signed a 2 year contract with United Merchants Processing.  I canceled after 3 years and they charged me $300!  I called and they said that the contract automatically renews.  The contract is pages and pages long.  I was never told about an automatic renewal.  I asked the representative, Brian Smith, if there was anything else I needed to know.  Any kind of fees, or anything he hadn't told me.  He said no.  The fact that the contract automatically renews is significant and I should have been told!  I signed a 2 year contract and I more than fulfilled my obligation.  A $300 cancellation fee after fulfilling the terms of my contract is nothing short of thievery. I will be disputing the charge with my bank as they still have not supplied me with a copy of the contract that states the  'automatic renewal'.  Liars and thieves.  Take your business somewhere else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Merchants-Processing-Association/Palmyra-Pennsylvania-17078/United-Merchants-Processing-Association-UMPA-Deceptive-Liars-Palmyra-Pennsylvania-1003239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Merchants Processing Association

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Clarification and Truth

AUTHOR: UMPA - ()

UMPA searched their records to find the merchant who had the issues listed below.  There is no such merchant.  UMPA prides itself on customer service.  I would think that if the accusations were true, the business owner would not be afraid to list their name and business to show validity.  ROR is an anonymous open forum who will allow any person to post any comment regardless of defamation or slander.  These posts are not accredited or validated prior to submission, unlike the Better Business Bureau which allows for creditable disputes to be resolved.