Complaint Review: United Military Travel

• Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: SGT L — Newport News Virginia United States of America
United Military Travel

United Military Travel Drastic overcharge of flight purchases, Internet

*Author of original report: Restate my purpose

I was in the search of a plane ticket from Newport News, VA to Honolulu, HI, with a departure date of 45 days out. The duration of my trip was a Monday to a Friday. The flight prices ranged from $637-$715 with Cheaptickets, Kayak, and other onine recourses. When i financed through United Military Travel online and over the phone (which it too 1 hr and 28 min over the phone to complete), my flight and all fees & costs came up to $1,283... Seems as if the other person who worte a review was correct, that is almost double!!

Of course i took the opportunity because i desperately needed the ticket but did not have the money up front. So expect to pay rediculous amounts when financing your travel ticket, I should have expected it anyways, all companies involved want to make money rather than really help out the military personnel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Military-Travel/internet/United-Military-Travel-Drastic-overcharge-of-flight-purchases-Internet-1006643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Military Travel

Restate my purpose

AUTHOR: SGT Lloyd - (United States of America)

I want to clarify my purpose for my last comment, it was not to bash the travel company, but more to inform military personnel of the possible costs they may inquire. As my concern lies with the military personnel, I don't want anyone to go onto the websites and find a ticket and then expect the travel agent to quote u at the same price. This "RipOff" website was the only one that popped up for reviews, I just wanted to review my experience and insure the consumers reality when going through this company. Check for yourself u can get the amount of a quote before u pay!