Complaint Review: United Motor & Machine Co

• Submitted: Mon, August 30, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, August 30, 2010

• Reported By: Robert — Lawton Oklahoma U.S.A.
United Motor & Machine Co
417 S 4th St Chickasha, Oklahoma United States of America

United Motor & Machine Co Larry Ford owner Took advantage of a 100% Disbled Veteran Chickasha, Oklahoma

I am Robert L H, and I am writing in concerns of a company named United Motor & Machine Co. 417 S 4th St, Chicklasha, OK  73018. I am a 100 % Disabled Veteran and I when to this company that could resurface some heads for my engine. On 04/02/2010 I went to see Larry Ford at United Motor & Machine Co. to have some heads resurfaced. I paid $300, on ticket number 12556, to make sure my heads were straight and to resurface them as needed, plus take out a broken bolt as well. Upon returning the heads to the Toyota dealer, they asked me if I purchased these heads from a blown engine in a junk yard? The heads were in worst shape than they when in. I told the Toyota dealer they where the same heads they had given me to have resurfaced.

Unbelievably, the heads were now shot and were so out of alignment, that they had to be thrown out and new head purchased. Toyota said the bolt hole were so chewed up, that it would require over $200 in helicoil to repair threads, but was ill advisable to use them on an engine.

I have tried to contact Mr. Larry Ford in concerns to the poor workmanship and he refused to give me the time of day. He was informed of my situation and having little money and needed to look in ways to save some money to get the vehicle fix so I could use it once again. This is a clear case of a company that should not be give a clean bill of health as a repeatable company for the public to deal with. I hope to save someone else a few hundred dollars and show them of a place not to go and do business.

Take this report and please file it so others can be forewarned of a company to stay clear and to look else were to have one vehicle repaired.

Sincerely,

Robert H

100% Disable Veteran

Lawton, OK  73505

580-(((REDACTED)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2010 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Motor-Machine-Co/Chickasha-Oklahoma-73018/United-Motor-Machine-Co-Larry-Ford-owner-Took-advantage-of-a-100-Disbled-Veteran-Chicka-635773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Motor & Machine Co