Complaint Review: United Online Collection Division

• Submitted: Thu, March 06, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 06, 2008

• Reported By:Wellman Iowa
United Online Collection Division
P.o. Box 5006-BD Woodland Hills, California U.S.A.

United Online Collection Division Fraudulant credit card charge was made to Juno. Collection agengy threatening Woodland Hills California

Last summer there was a fraudulant charge made to my credit card to a company called "JUNO". I contacted the credit card company and they took care of it and I had the credit card account cancelled.

In January 2008, I received a notice from United Online, stating that I owed $14.90. I too was given the 1-866 number to call, receiving only a recorded message. I was not going to let it go, so I searched on the net for Juno & found it under NetZero. I called them and explained everything. They said that they had no account under my name & that I did not owe them. All I had to do was write a letter to United Online stating that I did not owe anything & everything would be taken care of...so I did.

Today I received another notice from United Online requesting payment again.Funny that an "online" company has no way of contacting them online! I will not pay this. I have an unblemished credit record & I will not let this band of theives mess me over. I intend to write them another letter, this time stating that they are risking a class action law suit, plus I will send a letter to the Iowa Attorney General.

Ed
Wellman, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2008 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Online-Collection-Division/Woodland-Hills-California-91365-9637/United-Online-Collection-Division-Fraudulant-credit-card-charge-was-made-to-Juno-Collecti-315418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Online Collection Division