Complaint Review: United Online Collections Division , Juno

• Submitted: Wed, July 08, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 08, 2009

• Reported By:Sterling Virginia
United Online Collections Division , Juno
P.O. Box 5006-BD, Woodland Hills, California U.S.A.

United Online Collections Division ,Juno united online fradulent collections notice juno creditor Woodland Hills California

I recently received a letter from the United Online Collections Division stating that my "account" is in collection because I owe them $29.90. Neither me or my wife have ever signed up or used Juno so this was a big surprise when we saw this letter.

I called the number on the letter, but as others have noted it is a recorded message just saying how you can pay and that you should write to them if you want to dispute this charge.

I called Juno customer service and the guy took the account # on the letter and mentioned that it is a valid account with my address in it. I'm not sure how this could be the case... unless somehow someone managed to setup an account with my info in it (my other theory is Dell could have sold them our info when we bought a laptop from them - since Dell likes to install all this junk ISP software in new systems).

Anyway, I was told that the only option is to send a response letter (by mail) informing that this is an invalid charge, which is what I'm doing (along with threatening to file a complaint with the FTC and CA State Att. General's office).

Hope someone files a class-action lawsuit against these guys. Otherwise, they'll prey on innocent people (some of whom might just send them a check).

Murali k
Sterling, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2009 07:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Online-Collections-Division-Juno/Woodland-Hills-California-91365-9637/United-Online-Collections-Division-Juno-united-online-fradulent-collections-notice-juno-c-467325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Online Collections Division , Juno