Complaint Review: United Online Collections Division; Net Zero

• Submitted: Tue, August 05, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 05, 2008

• Reported By:Elmsford New York
United Online Collections Division; Net Zero
PO Box 5006-BD Woodland Hills, California U.S.A.

United Online Collections Division; Net Zero Collecting on fraudulent credit card charges Woodland Hills California

In mid-December of 2007 I was contacted by my credit card company regarding fraud on my account: several instances of "Net Zero charges!" Since I have Verizon fiber optic in my homes, there is no need to use any additional service. My card was cancelled and a new account issued which I was not able to use until February.

The charges were unfortunately transferred to my new card and it took until the end of March to have them removed from my new card. Finally in April I seemed to be in the clear.

At the end of the 2008 school year in June, I went to my summer house until the end of July. I returned home for an appointment only to find a pile of collection notices from United Online Collections and they are still coming (17 at last count.)

Their "phone number" is a recording - cheerfully letting you know how to make a payment. Since I don't want to pay for a charge I did not incur, it seems that I am unable to resolve the matter with them, leaving me with the possibility of bad credit and wondering if the company is indeed legitiment or part of a scam. I would certainly like to know.

Volunteer
Elmsford, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2008 05:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Online-Collections-Division-Net-Zero/Woodland-Hills-California-91365-9637/United-Online-Collections-Division-Net-Zero-Collecting-on-fraudulent-credit-card-charges-359605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Online Collections Division; Net Zero