Complaint Review: United Online Collections Division

• Submitted: Tue, August 04, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, August 04, 2009

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
United Online Collections Division
P.O. Box 5006-BD Woodland Hills, California U.S.A.

United Online Collections Division Fake Collection Letter for NetZero!!! Don't Give Them Your Credit Card #!!! Woodland Hills California

I received a collections letter stating that the creditor was NetZero and I owed $33.80 so I sent them a check. Then I got a second letter saying it was a Final Notice.

Remembered sending the check so I called the phone # and got a recording telling me to mail my payment or complaint, then I searched my bank records-the check was never cashed. Then I called NetZero. They said my account was closed, I was paid up and they never put my account into collections.

This company doesn't seem to cash the checks they receive I think they're just trying to get the credit card information. The bill I received had a very large section for the credit card number, expiration etc.

Ray
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2009 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Online-Collections-Division/Woodland-Hills-California/United-Online-Collections-Division-Fake-Collection-Letter-for-NetZero-Dont-Give-Them-Y-476294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Online Collections Division