Complaint Review: United Online Collections Division

• Submitted: Mon, March 29, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, May 04, 2010

• Reported By: KimA — JC New Jersey United States of America
United Online Collections Division
P.O. Box 5006-BD, Woodland Hills, California 91365-9637 Internet United States of America

United Online Collections Division Creditor: Juno, a United Online Company Bogus Past Due Final Notice Internet

*Consumer Comment: NOT A REBUTTAL, JUST AN AGREEMENT WITH ABOVE.. PLEASE READ

Today, I received a final notice in the mail from United Online Collections Division.  They were sending me this notice on behalf of their client, Juno, a United Online Company. The notice does not specify the product that I ordered, or the date it was ordered on.  The amount that that is past due is $29.90.

I am very diligent about paying any invoices or bills that I receive.  I don't recall ever ordering anything from Juno, or ever receiving any invoice for whatever phantom product I allegedly ordered from them.  I went into my computer's applications drive to see if I'd downloaded anything from the company, and came up with a blank.

My next course of action was to call the toll free number that the company provided, to see if I could speak to a customer service representative.  I was only given 2 options: the mailing address to pay my invoice, and the company's mailing address in order for me to send them a letter to contest the invoice.

I went to their website to see if I could find any additional contact information.  The only options presented to me was to create an account or log in with my account information.  I was suspicious, and did not provide them with any information.

Lastly, I decided to perform a Google search on the company, to see if I could find out more information on the company, including complaints.  I found this website and saw that others were ripped off by this company.

I will not pay off the invoice.  Further inspection of the invoice showed that they put down my address backwards, therefore proving to me that this company is not what it seems.  I hope that this company is found out by a fraudulent agency and will be shut down for mailing out bogus invoices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2010 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Online-Collections-Division/internet/United-Online-Collections-Division-Creditor-Juno-a-United-Online-Company-Bogus-Past-Due-586908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Online Collections Division

NOT A REBUTTAL, JUST AN AGREEMENT WITH ABOVE.. PLEASE READ

AUTHOR: tim - (United States of America)

this is not a rebuttal, but rather a testimony to the above story. I had the same thing happen, the only difference is mine was a bill supposedly thru netzero. i have not had netzero for approximately 9.. yes.. 9 years. my "overdue" bill is going to the trash, after i fax a copy to the FBI fraud unit. i hope they go after them and shut them down, the pukes.

hearts