• Report: #206354

• Submitted: Wed, August 16, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, August 16, 2006

• Reported By:Sevierville Tennessee
United Online Netzero
21301 Burbank Blvd. Woodland Hills, California U.S.A.

Netzero United Online charged me for a free month of service, then refused to refund my money ripoff Woodland Hills California

*Author of original report: Correction

I signed up for the free month of service with Netzero on 7-9-06 and called to cancel on 8-8-06. On 8-10-06 I was charged, via my debit card, 14.95 for the internet service and 4.95 for canceling the family pack for a total of 21.85. I don't even know what the "family pack" is.

I called and told them I had called and canceled on the 8th and gave them the reference number. Initially, they refused to refund my money because they were going to "give me 2 free months of service." I proceeded to tell them they weren't giving me anything as they had charged me 21.85. I demanded to speak to someone else and was transferred to members services. This lady PROMISED ME my money would be refunded. Cool, I'm finally getting somewhere. NOT!!

My money was still not in the bank by the 15th so I called again and was told it would take 1-2 MONTHS to get my money back. I told them this was not acceptable. The Netzero lady "supposedly" talked to her supervisor and tells me my money will be refunded in 5-6 days. I'll believe it when I see it.

I wanted to file a ripp off report because I should have never been charged in the first place. And then having to fight for a refund is ridiculous.

Apparently, this is common business practice for Netzero. 1500 ripp off reports shows there is a serious problem with Netzero.

We need to bring media attention to this RIPP OFF COMPANY!!
We also need to file with the attorney general of the state you live in and file with the FTC.

Here are the links to file with the FTC;

Tina
Sevierville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2006 05:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Online-Netzero/Woodland-Hills-California-91367/Netzero-United-Online-charged-me-for-a-free-month-of-service-then-refused-to-refund-my-mo-206354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Online Netzero

Correction

AUTHOR: Tina - (U.S.A.)

I should have typed 100 Rip Off Reports not 1500.

shear