Complaint Review: United Pacific Mortgage

• Updated: Wed, February 15, 2012

• Reported By: mikeha — Burke Virginia United States of America
United Pacific Mortgage
1 Orchard Rd 210 Lake Forest Ca 92630 Internet United States of America

United Pacific Mortgage Increased Closing Costs, Undisclosed Revisions To GFE Internet

*Author of original report: Forced to Provide Refund, Violated RESPA

I clearly was misinformed, misguided and incorrectly provided my settlement amounts by United Pacific Mortgage and Dan Peterson.   I have a slew of emails back and forth from him that directly show how I was mislead by him and enticed/strong-armed into settling on the refinancing of my home in the hours prior to my signing.  I was provided a HUD Settlement Statement the day prior to my settlement.  My costs increased by approximately $6000.  When I reviewed the costs with Mr. Peterson I was advised that the increased costs would all come back to me (both verbally and in emails) but now Mr. Peterson is saying he was mistaken and won't honor his statements made prior to the settlement.

They illegally increased my orgination charges and never informed me.   They revised the Good Faith Estimate (GFE), but did not provide to me until a month after my closing.

I am working with enforcement authorities to show this as an illegal pattern of work conduct.  I would love to hear from others who have been in similar situations with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2011 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Pacific-Mortgage/internet/United-Pacific-Mortgage-Increased-Closing-Costs-Undisclosed-Revisions-To-GFE-Internet-813029. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Pacific Mortgage

Forced to Provide Refund, Violated RESPA

AUTHOR: mikeha - (United States of America)

After my numerous attempts to try to work out undisclosed charges that were unknowingly made part of my settlement with United Pacific Mortgage, I had to turn to legal resources to get back the thousands of dollars I was overcharged. Based on the numerous complaints I made to Government entities, I recently did receive a refund for the undisclosed charges. It amounted to thousands of dollars. Mr. Sean O'Brien admitted to a "revised good faith estimate and truth in lending disclosures generated on 10/20/11". He also admitted the "disclosures were not properly delivered" to me, the borrower. Based on the conflicting information United Pacific Mortgage has provided in the GFE, Revised GFE, HUD Statement, and letter of admission of wrongdoing from Mr. Sean O'Brien, the file is still under review by the Commonwealth of Virginia State Corporation Commission to confirm that United Pacific Mortgage has reimbursed me for all that I am owed. The complete amount of the overcharges is still under review and United Pacific Mortgage needs to provide the requested information to the Commonwealth of Virginia State Corporation Commission.

It is a shame that families are put through this. All I wanted was to lower my interest rate, but instead I became of victim of fraudulent activities in which legal resources had to force United Pacific to do the right thing.