Complaint Review: United Parcel Service (UPS)

• Submitted: Mon, April 29, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, April 30, 2013

• Reported By: Jerubaal — Philadelphia Pennsylvania
United Parcel Service (UPS)
10155 Monroe Drive Dallas, Texas USA

United Parcel Service (UPS) Liberty Mutual Insurance A UPS Driver Ran over My Computer Bag in a Parking Lot: Denies Lilability! Dallas, Texas

When our hotel van arrived at the Ramada Inn north of the DFW airport, we found a large UPS truck parked up against the front entrance and blocking our way in to the lobby.   Our driver pulled up to the left and in front of the UPS van leaving about 10 feet of space between vehicles.   We got out and I put down my computer bag to retrieve my roller bag.   Both the van driver and I looked up just in time to see the UPS track pull out without clearing the area and running over the bag, which contained among other things, my IPAD 2!

I tracked down the driver before he drove off and he gave me the name and number of his supervisor.  All the UPS supervisors, with whom I subsequently conversed, were polite, friendly and apologetic.  But the bottom line was, my case was sent on to Liberty Mutual insurance company.   The agent denied my claim without collecting any information from the witness, looking at any diagrams or taking any photos.

She was obviously intent on denying me no matter how legitimate the claim.   The UPS supervisors said "their hands were tied" as the matter now belonged to Liberty Mutual.  Thus they had a nice little racquet going.   They hand the matter off to the Insurance Company, who denies the claim.  It is a win win for UPS and their Insurance Company!   A big loss for the little guy, like me!

I wrote a letter to Liberty Mutual with two concerns.  One was the injustice of denying my legitimate claim.  The second was in the dangerous operation by the driver.   He simply did not clear the area on his left before driving off.  I assume he entered the van from the right hand door.  There could have been a child in a car seat or a toddler standing in the place where my computer bag was!   I have not heard back from them.

Then there would have been a real tragedy instead of property damage.   But in any event this was a real ripoff!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2013 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Parcel-Service-UPS/Dallas-Texas-75229/United-Parcel-Service-UPS-Liberty-Mutual-Insurance-A-UPS-Driver-Ran-over-My-Computer-Bag-1047051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Parcel Service (UPS)

nodded