Complaint Review: United Parcel Service

• Reported By: Michael — Cumming Georgia
United Parcel Service
Internet USA

United Parcel Service UPS Choice Internet

I had a package which contained and iPad to be delivered on a day I was to be out of town.  I spent an hour on ups.com to see what I could do about having it held at a ups facility.  Finally I was given a choice to have it held or delivered to a UPS store.  The delivery to the store would cost $5.00.  I thought that having to pick it up a few miles down the road worth the $5.00 so I purchased that service.  There was no mention of any other charges.  When I called the store to inform them that I would be picking it up there, I was told that ethereal would be a $5 fee.

I told the girl that I had already paid it online.  She told me that it would be additional because they were a franchise and I had no mailbox in their location.  I paid the extra money and then reported what happened to UPS.com.  I received an email first that totally disregarded my concerns.  I replied to make my concern more plain.  I received an email back saying that I should take it up with UPS store corporate.  I did not contract with UPS store for this service.  I contracted with UPS.  I am done.  If I could choose who my shipper was going to be every time, I would not choose to receive packages from UPS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 06:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Parcel-Service/internet/United-Parcel-Service-UPS-Choice-Internet-1057399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Parcel Service