Complaint Review: United Property Associates

• Updated: Mon, October 25, 2010

• Reported By: msdonewrong — Newport News Virginia United States of America
United Property Associates
819 Forrest Drive Newport News, Virginia United States of America

United Property Associates UPA, Wellington Apartments The worst Complex in Newport News VA Newport News, Virginia

Wellington Apartments was my very first apartment. Upon my move in the complex had a major issues with roaches and bed bugs, they knew about it yet they did not have a contract for an exterminator. After spending about $150 of my own in oreder to exterminate well enough for my move in I still had problems with roaches. When they did finally get an exterminator, the exterminator told me that I will never get rid of roaches becuase the units under me, that have been vacant for  4 months after I moved in, was so dirty and smelled so bad that he could not treat the apartment. After about four complaints, they still did not clean the apartment. I also had elctrial issuse in home to the point where I could not use more than a Lamp in my bedroom. Once agian I complained and never recieved any service. For two weeks in April, there was raw sewage puddling the entire sidewalk of the complex. It was literally impossible for me to enter or exit my building without stepping in the raw sewage. Also there is major flooding of all the complex. So bad that my car recieved major damage to the enige from flooding of the parking lot that was conviently close to my apartment. This in turn caused me to loose my job, my car broke down on the way to an very important meeting. Thanks UPA. Not to mention from July through the end of my lease, October, I had NO Hot water. I complained, they replaced the water heater, yet still no hot water. I complained and complained yet never recieved any repairs to fix my hot water. The ladies in the office are so unprofessional even after they changed manegment. The new lady, D. Hoffman, from my experience was under the influence of some drug everytime I came into the office, not to mention rude to those whom she just did not like or were mexican. I tried to contact corporate office and never recieved a response.  Between the roaches, no hot water, flooding and horrible customer service I had to leave. They are indeed THE WORST.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2010 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Property-Associates/Newport-News-Virginia-23606/United-Property-Associates-UPA-Wellington-Apartments-The-worst-Complex-in-Newport-News-VA-654883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Property Associates