Complaint Review: United Property Associates

• Submitted: Sun, February 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, February 10, 2008

• Reported By:Norfolk Virginia
United Property Associates
525 S. Independence Blvd., Suite 200 Virginia Beach, Virginia U.S.A.

United Property Associates UPA Stole money from me Virginia Beach Virginia

After renting from them for 4 years UPS stole money from me. I reported the janitor to the corporate office for sealing out of my apparment and harrassing me. The reports fell on deaf ears for 2 years. I decided to just move. I sent in the same notice to vacate I did the previous year when I transfered locations. I made sure i spoke to each 3 of the office managers that changed. Everything was ok. The big day came and I was packing my uhaul triuck and recieved a call from the office. She told me my letter wasnt good and I would have to pay another month in rent. I was upset I called corporate they as usual never returned my calls. I wrote several letters over the years and they never responded. They didnt care because I was black in a black neighborhood. After playing phone tag. I told them just to take me to court. They kept my deposit and refused to give me a court date. 8 months later I just got a summons to go to court. I will tell my side to the judge. Holding a deposit for 8 months has to be agains land lord tenant laws. They are trying to put that ls month on my credit knowing I gave more than enough notice. They teisted the words on my notice than asked me if I had it so they can act like they never recieved it. Its a shame how dirty they do people. Do not rent from them. They are drug infested communited in Norfolk and UPS dosent care. Even when I went to see them in Virginia Beach they refused to let me see the manager Georgina Cox.

Daumonique757
Norfolk, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2008 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Property-Associates/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23452/United-Property-Associates-UPA-Stole-money-from-me-Virginia-Beach-Virginia-307838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Property Associates