Complaint Review: United Public Opinion Group

• Updated: Thu, April 26, 2012

• Reported By: Jonathan — Des Plaines Illinois United States of America
United Public Opinion Group

United Public Opinion Group Fraud, Harassment, Threatening, Abusive Internet

I know that many people are familiar with United Popular Opinion Group, I have read complaints already at many different media sources. I have received repeated calls, at my home, my cellular and multiple work numbers. I am a Global Communications Director for a company of almost 50, 000 employees world wide. We receive on average 3 calls a day on 4 different lines. We have also made repeated attempts to have our numbers removed from their directories, with no success. When we are transferred to their answering service and request our number be removed, which is offered as a choice before being transferred, we are routinely hung up on without any resolution.

The call begins with a very annoying fog horn blowing in your ear followed by the announcement this is your Captain speaking.....blah, blah, blah. After answering the survey questions and being transferred, you get their very useless answering service. After repeated calls and attempts to be removed from their directories, myself and my team have been threatened with lawsuits for harassment, threats of further harassing calls and bodily harm. If you attempt to contact them through their website you will get without fail an error message everytime you submit your message. Phone numbers I have researched for contacting their company have all been unanswered cell phones.

My company is now taking action, we have begun recording every call and attempt to be removed from their call directories. If they refuse to remove us, refuse to talk to us and continue to abuse and threaten our employees we intend to take legal action. I hope that any of you having contact with them are more successful in getting them to stop.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2012 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Public-Opinion-Group/internet/United-Public-Opinion-Group-Fraud-Harassment-Threatening-Abusive-Internet-874119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Public Opinion Group