Complaint Review: United Public Opinion Group

• Submitted: Wed, October 19, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, October 19, 2011

• Reported By: Stacie Polk — Michigan United States of America
United Public Opinion Group

United Public Opinion Group Offered me a free cruise after taking a survey which was a fraud Internet, Internet

I'm writing to report about the United Public Opinion Group. I got a call from them today and when I answered a recording said if I just answer ten survey questions I would receive a complimentary pass to a cruise in the Bahamas. My gut was telling me this is too good to be true but I did the survey anyway. After I finished the survey, a representative came on the line to take my phone number and zip code. Then, another recording began playing stating that I had to go to their website and log in with my phone number and zip code. I then had to enter an e-mail address where I wanted them to send my confirmation code. After doing this, a screen popped up saying that my information was inconsistent. I then checked my email account to see if the code had been sent, there was no code sent. They have a link to contact them if you have any problems so I clicked on that to fill out a contact us form. As soon I click the link to send my info a weird looking screen pops up I guess to say this info cannot be processed. I tried it a secound time and got the same error message.

After all of this, I realized that this was in fact a rip-off. I even tried calling the number back that they called me from and of course it was disconnected. If anyone gets a call from them or any other company asking for survey information in exchange for a cruise please hang up! It is a scam! I should have went with my gut but I definitely will next time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2011 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Public-Opinion-Group/internet/United-Public-Opinion-Group-Offered-me-a-free-cruise-after-taking-a-survey-which-was-a-fr-790527. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Public Opinion Group