Complaint Review: United Public Opinion Group

• Submitted: Tue, July 17, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, July 17, 2012

• Reported By: starnikki57 — Union CIty New Jersey United States of America
United Public Opinion Group

United Public Opinion Group UPOG Promised me a free cruise in exchange for a phone survey , Internet

I'm not even sure how this company received my phone number but at any rate, I received a cell phone call from an automated service that said if I stayed on the line and answered 10 questions I would win a 2 night cruise to the Bahamas.

I answered the question and the call was transfered to an operator that took my zip code and gave me a website to log on to and register for my cruise. When I tried asking her questions about the company offering this cruise she told me she didn't know anything about the company and she was simply to get my zip code. Obvisously fishy!

So I went to log on to the site and it prompted me to enter my phone number and zipcode. I then received the message that my information was not recognized. When I tried to send a message to customer service I received a message that read: "String or binary data would not truncate. The statement has been terminated."

The whole thing is a scam, if they ever call/email you run!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 05:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Public-Opinion-Group/internet/United-Public-Opinion-Group-UPOG-Promised-me-a-free-cruise-in-exchange-for-a-phone-survey-913128. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Public Opinion Group