Complaint Review: United Publishers of America

• Reported By: Tulare1969 — Tipton California
United Publishers of America
6075 Roswell Road, Suite 515 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

United Publishers of America I guess I have been had too Atlanta, Georgia

I wish I had seen this before I fell in to the same trapp. I got a call from these people and they really poured it on thick about how I was in the top two people for the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes and all I had to do was take out a subscription for Readers Digest for five years, well the price wasn't to high just two dollars a week, eight dollars a month. I checked my bank account and UPA had taken $50.00 out of my account so I started looking on the net for UPA Atlanta and found this. They were supposed to call me in a few days and set everything up at which time I would decide when to start the subscription and nothing would be taken out till then. I called the number thay gave me to contact them and it was no longer in service so I tried to call the number they called me from and it was also out of service. I think that pretty much says that this is some kind of fraud. This should be a lot higher profile so more people can see it, before they get stung. From now on I will check here before I do any buisness with anybody on the phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Publishers-of-America/Atlanta-Georgia-30328/United-Publishers-of-America-I-guess-I-have-been-had-too-Atlanta-Georgia-1036822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Publishers of America