Complaint Review: United RV

• Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By: Dapforu — Ft. Worth Texas United States of America
United RV
5100 Airport Freeway Fort Worth, Texas United States of America

United RV Technicians and Managers in the Service Department! Over priced, low quality, service. Labor gouging crooks! Fort Worth, Texas

*Author of original report: Thanks Mr. White

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response

I went to this place to have them do some custom work on my truck (install electrical and plumbing). Should be simple for an RV company right? I had already purchased everything needed myself. I really just needed them to put the stuff in. They told me it would take a week to complete (it ended up taking them a month). I was completely taken for a ride from the start. Mid way through they called me saying that they couldn't use half the stuff I provided (wiring etc.) and that I would have to purchase parts from them.

I really wasn't surprised by the call. Despite my frustration with their explanations as to why they couldn't just use what I had given them I really needed to get this completed so I gave the go ahead to complete the work. On every corner they gouged me for more and more money to do the simplest tasks! What I thought would be a easy project done by professionals (that do this kind of work everyday) turned into a long drawn out pocket pinching, elaborate plan to have me pay enough to buy a used car!

To make the long story short:
When it was all said and done the "professional" wiring was sloppy and the plumbing leaked. Later when I needed something as simple as installing a generator done (to the wiring that they did) I was given a quote of 10 HOURS to complete! Are you kidding? Did I mention that they charge $130 an hour? There technicians are not professional, and the managers know nothing! It is a waste of your money to deal with United RV! They will rob you for just to do the simplest tasks! I you go here you better take out a personal loan!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-RV/Fort-Worth-Texas-76117/United-RV-Technicians-and-Managers-in-the-Service-Department-Over-priced-low-quality-se-966890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United RV

Thanks Mr. White

AUTHOR: Dapforu - (United States of America)

After having a professional discussion with Mr. White (this morning) I no longer have a grievance with United RV. After talking to him I feel that he is genuinely concerned with his customer's satisfaction. Mr. White also assured me that this is not their practice (i believe him).

I'm sure if we all had more time to sit down and communicate a bit further in the beginning, we probably could have come to some sort of an agreement. Upper management manage is the key.

I've already had the work that I needed completed and I chose to go to a different source to have the work done on my truck but the staff at united RV are extremely knowledgeable of their craft and after years of business I'm sure this has just been another learning experience.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to talk to me.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response

AUTHOR: United RV - (United States of America)

To Whom It May Concern,

I am sorry that you have had this experience with my company.

I would be interested in visiting with you about your experience with our service department and/or the manager that you have dealt with and hopefully I can resolve your issue.  Please call Bill White at 817-834-7141.