• Report: #420298

• Submitted: Wed, February 04, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, February 15, 2009

• Reported By:whooville Virginia
United Readers Service Inc
PO Box 771747 Lakewood, Ohio U.S.A.

United Readers Service Inc magazine service that won't cancel and threaten to send you to "collections" Lakewood Ohio

*Author of original report: Oh, and another thing

*Author of original report: they said they're going to help

Several months ago I got a call from a magazine service. I said I wasn't interested. The caller kept on and I reluctantly agreed to it. He patched me through to another person to confirm the order. I did reluctantly. After I hung up I cancelled my credit card. "Brandon" repeatedly called my house and work. I told him I didn't want it, I changed my mind. My husband told him the same thing. He was rude and hung up on my husband several times. This order showed up on my United Readers Service bill. They say Brandon does not work for them, that it must be some other company I talked to. When I ask them why do I have a 2nd account, they say because I confirmed it with "Jim" in their verification department. I ask to speak to Jim, they refuse. I want to know who or what company Brandon is with they say they don't know, I should have written it down. They wouldn't let me speak to someone in charge until I asked if she was refusing to let me speak to someone. Then she got someone else to pick up the phone who said she was a manager. This woman was even less help. Told me I had to pay, I couldn't cancel or they would send it to the collections department. They did say they had a recording of me verifying all the info. When I told them I wanted to hear it, she said she wasn't going to bother if I wasn't going to pay. These people were not helpful at all and should be ashamed of representing their company in this way. Customer service??? If that's customer service, they are a sorry company to work for.

mare
whooville, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2009 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Readers-Service-Inc/Lakewood-Ohio-44107/United-Readers-Service-Inc-magazine-service-that-wont-cancel-and-threaten-to-send-you-to-420298. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Readers Service Inc

Oh, and another thing

AUTHOR: Maretj - (U.S.A.)

When "Brandon" leaves a number for you to call him back on, you get a recording that tells you to dial a different number to a chat line. He gave me the number once....when he called and got my husband at work, he gave my husband the same number. So after that, I knew I didn't write it down wrong.

they said they're going to help

AUTHOR: Maretj - (U.S.A.)

Ok, after my husband called and explained everything to the maganger that wouldn't help me, she says she's going to send us everything in writing. She's going to cancel out the 2nd account. They said it was a female that I talked to, and still say that "Brandon" doesn't work for them and don't know who he is. She let my husband listen to a recording of myself talking to a woman. Yes, the first time I ordered magazines, I did talk to a woman. So I don't know if that's what she let my husband listen to or what. So now, we're waiting to get all that in writing. My lawyer is going to look it all over and help me figure out what else I should do. The only thing I can think of with this "Brandon" issue is that they have him or people like him hook you and then when he says he's going to transfer you to "verification", a woman takes over and talks to "Jim" before letting him verify things with you. I don't know.....I know I'm not losing my mind. My husband even spoke with "Brandon" and he told him that was his name. So we'll see what happens and if they do send us anything and cancel the account.