Complaint Review: United Readers Service, Ltd.

• Submitted: Mon, January 15, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 19, 2008

• Reported By:Hemet California
United Readers Service, Ltd.
unitedreaders.com Lakewood, Ohio U.S.A.

United Readers Service, Ltd. Fraudulent billing, charging of account, telephone harrassment and threats Ripoff Lakewood Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Account Information

This company contacted me regarding magazine sales.....it sounded too good to be true and it was!!! I told them I was not interested and they took it upon themselves to deduct funds from my account (which I have since closed), they continue to bill me through the mail and call both my home and cell number with harassing threats. I tried speaking with customer service and they said they have me on a recording.....I heard the recording and SURPRISE it's not me....not even close to sounding like me! I would love to be part of a class action and/or public investigation of this company! I have requested they do not contact me by telephone and they have chosen to be non-compliant. Any suggestions? Thank You!!

Kellee
Hemet, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2007 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Readers-Service-Ltd/Lakewood-Ohio-44107/United-Readers-Service-Ltd-Fraudulent-billing-charging-of-account-telephone-harrassmen-230705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Readers Service, Ltd.

Account Information

AUTHOR: Readersservicetsr - (U.S.A.)

The consumers we contact for our promotion either accept or deny it. The only information we have on the people we call are the phone numbers (obviously, lol) Names, and addresses. If anyone calls you for the promotion and you wish to decline it. tell them specifically to put your name on the do not call list. Most people don't know that the National Do Not Call List only holds each name and number on it for about a year. then you must continue to put your name on it. If they call you again tell them to put you on thier do not call list and that you are contacting the Better Business Bearu (Sorry bad spelling but you know what I mean)