Complaint Review: United Readers Services

• Updated: Fri, October 12, 2012

• Reported By: Paul — Uniondale New York United States of America
United Readers Services
4801 Woodway Dr. Suite 300 East Houston, Texas United States of America

United Readers Services Did not terminate its magazine service trying to intimidate me. Letter from them terminates service but they still arrive. Houston , Texas

When this concern was asked to terminate service I was called to "renew service" only. An agent would call, ask a few innocuous questions and then switch me to a "goon" who would precipitate an argument with me, telling me that I had supplied permission to continue. This second  person was wildly rude and intimidating. I consulted friends and finally an attorney. I went to the local Post Office asking it to return an handful of useless magazines. I received a letter back-dated 12/29/11. I received the above call and thuggish behavior on 1/3/12.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2012 11:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Readers-Services/Houston-Texas-77056/United-Readers-Services-Did-not-terminate-its-magazine-service-trying-to-intimidate-me-L-954401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Readers Services