Complaint Review: United Relocation

• Updated: Sun, December 12, 2010

• Reported By: Anthony — Terre Haute Indiana United States of America
United Relocation
7302 W. Crain Street Niles, Illinois United States of America

United Relocation "Customer Rep.:" Evon They are a scam. I was another person who had his property ransomed. They would not deliver my property till I gave them 3 times the quote in cash. Niles, Illinois

I moved from Chicago, IL to Terre Haute, IN on Aug. 6, 2010. I was told they were going to deliver my belongings that Friday. They were suppose to come at 8:00 am. They came around noon. They never had any intention  of delivering my property the same day. Only after they loaded all my belongings, did they say it was going to cost me three times the quote. When they did not come with my belongings that day I called the police. They said that 7302 W. Crain Street was not even in a business district and that they must operating out of a house in a residential district. Which is illegal.

After many calls and them giving me the run around (they would yell at me on the phone and call me names), they showed up at my new apartment in Terre Haute, IN on Sunday at midnight. Until that time I had no bed, no change of clothes, no cookware or microwave to eat, ect. They would not give me my belongings unless I payed them three times the quote in cash. There was no Western Union where I live. Luckily, I found a 24 hour Wal Mart which had an ATM. I had to withdraw a huge amount of cash which costs a lot in fees.

They were done unloading my property at about 2:00 am Monday morning. These poeple are horrible people. Do not do business with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2010 03:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Relocation/Niles-Illinois-60714/United-Relocation-Customer-Rep-Evon-They-are-a-scam-I-was-another-person-who-had-his-670681. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Relocation