Complaint Review: United Restoration - (DBA Unkown)

• Submitted: Tue, June 01, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, June 01, 2004

• Reported By:Orlando Florida
United Restoration - (DBA Unkown)
400 Fairway Dr. Suite 102 Deerfield, Florida U.S.A.

United Restoration (DBA Unkown) Ripoff, Lack of Communication, no SOP for business, still waiting for check & proper release of liability contract! Deerfield Florida

I contacted these people through a discount coupon and they came with open hearts, hands, minds and most definitely pockets...
I only wanted duct cleaning and to make sure everything else (a/c wise) was ok and in good standing. I was informed that I needed a better cleaning than what the coupon offered and everything was to come to a complete $1145.00 not including the $99.00 for a brand new filter that I never had to replace again.(Lifetime warranty) only clean out every month or so
I requested to clean only the ducts covered by the coupon and ordered a new filter. I have since had more problems with my ducts and now, little pebbles or rocks or crumbs falling in various rooms throughout my house. I was informed that the filter would take no more than 30 days. It has been way over 45
Now I requested to have them come and fix my problems and have turned them away and am now having trouble in getting a refund for them breaking the contract. I also found out the filter they are selling me for $99.00 is less at any home improvement store!
I have since spoken with T.R. and was assured that I would be sent my full refund once I would send back my release of liability letter or contract (what ever they call it). This letter does not in any instance refer to the refund of any filter nor does it imply a work order numberI have since done so and still no check
What is going on here, who are theses people?
How come I can't get a refund since I have a receipt? Why do I have to sign a release of liability in order to get a refund, is there something wrong with the company that we don't know about? Is this normal practice for giving a refund?
I don't recall this when I returned my item purchased at Best Buy, they just asked for my receipt and gave me another without asking. Although I informed them it did not work!
Who is United Restoration and does the company know what is going on, are there managers involved or just the people at the end of the totem pole?
What ever the case this is poor, unethical, immoral business practice and should be brought to light!
So here you go and hope no one else gets swindled like I did.

Castro Family!
Orlando, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2004 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Restoration-DBA-Unkown/Deerfield-Florida-33441/United-Restoration-DBA-Unkown-Ripoff-Lack-of-Communication-no-SOP-for-business-still-93188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Restoration - (DBA Unkown)