Complaint Review: United Settlement Group

• Reported By: Steve C — Laurel Maryland USA
United Settlement Group
San Pedro, California United States of America

United Settlement Group Up Front Payments = Rip Off San Pedro, California

My experience with United Settlement Group began in March 2010. I contacted them online when I requested help with debt settlement after losing my full time job. They were very nice and promised me everything would be peachy keen if I just sent them the money they required every month, they would negotiate a settlement saving me thousands of dollars for a small percentage of the total debt, which equaled 7000 dollars +.

Need less to say after 18 months they had settled one debt for around 3K and collected over 8700 in fees. Meanwhile I am being sued by my creditors and they are telling me they can't get hold of United, or they will not negotiate yet because I still owe more in fees. Bottom line, they are a rip off, the rip off is based on collecting their fees up front, while your creditors wait, then when the lawsuits fly, you're left holding the bag. They'll tell you that they have a law staff and there will be no trouble, but you're still being sued and so far their promises have meant nothing. You can guess the rest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2012 09:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Settlement-Group/San-Pedro-California-/United-Settlement-Group-Up-Front-Payments-Rip-Off-San-Pedro-California-874146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Settlement Group