Complaint Review: United States Animal Protection

• Submitted: Wed, November 23, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, November 23, 2011

• Reported By: Lisa — Andrews Texas United States of America
United States Animal Protection

United States Animal Protection Dawn Taylor, Dawn Taylor Betchold Frauded out of $4900 dollars! Internet

Dawn Taylor called me on October 11, 2011 with a sob story about how she's a fellow rescuer, and she was stuck in Midland.  Come to find out, she, her two friends, and her 2 pitbulls were in Odessa at a local hotel, waiting for their prey to show up.  We (my partner and I) got to Odessa and were asked by Dawn to rent her a car with our card so she could get to California to Nat Geo and do a documentary.  I had no reason to believe that evening that I would get shafted for $4900 in rental charges.

Dawn not only took the SUV, but she kept it for a month.  She kept calling me, telling me she would take care of the charges, and nothing has changed.  My bank paid the bill for the rental car, and overdrew me by $4200.  Dawn finally got the SUV returned and that's when the rental company hit my card.

Dawn will not tell me where she is.  She tells me that she's had to find somewhere safe to be.  I imagine that is because she has shafted so many people in her path.  She still calls and emails me to tell me she's calling the rental company to give back some of the money and she's going to pay me back and make it right.  So far she's lost her best friend, and I've been told by the best friend that her Mother doesn't even want anything to do with her.  Not my problem.

Our rescue is down the tubes.  Totally destroyed because I now have to pay the bank back.  Every cent that comes in goes to pay down that debt.  I don't know what we are going to do, as we have zero dollars to pay our bills, get our dogs spayed/neutered and get them rabies shots.  We do take donations and are trying to find ways to make more money.  I pray that we can accomplish this goal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2011 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-States-Animal-Protection/internet/United-States-Animal-Protection-Dawn-Taylor-Dawn-Taylor-Betchold-Frauded-out-of-4900-dol-801192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United States Animal Protection