Complaint Review: United States Grant Department

• Submitted: Tue, May 22, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, May 22, 2012

• Reported By: Crystal — Moultrie Georgia United States of America
United States Grant Department
i dont know they just keep calling my phone washington, Washington DC United States of America

United States Grant Department this morning when I answered it the man started out by telling me that he was from the US Grant Department in Washington DC. He then stated that I have been choosing for $7000 dollars that I would not washington, Washington DC

*Consumer Comment: Not Full rebuttal, confirmation

I have been called by these people on a few different occasions. I nevered answered because it was only a 5 digit number and seems strange to me.

Well i decided to answer it today and the man explained that he was from the United States grant department in Washington DC. He said I had been choosen to receive $7000 that I did not have to pay.

He then started being really rude and smart with me saying he couldnt hear me. I told him thats because I was not saying anything. So he got even ruder and told me that my background noise was disturbing him. I got really angry at that point and told him I didnt care what was disturbing him that I have small children, and I hung up on him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2012 10:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-States-Grant-Department/washington-Washington-DC-/United-States-Grant-Department-this-morning-when-I-answered-it-the-man-started-out-by-tel-886297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United States Grant Department

Not Full rebuttal, confirmation

AUTHOR: aventure - ()

I have been contacted multiple times by (202) 621-7457, apparently in Washington D.C. claiming to be apart of the US Grant dept. They said I would get $7000 without any cost to myself to use for college expenses and whatever else I could choose. As this came just off the heels of a scam where I nearly lost my bank account, I was suspicious.

Anytime I attempted to gain a form of confirmation, the operator would politely agree, then the connection on the phone would "mysteriously" cut out. I am merely posting this so that people are aware that this scam is still in existance.