Complaint Review: United States Post Office

• Updated: Mon, December 13, 2010

• Reported By: Mark — Pago Pago, AS Other United States of America
United States Post Office
P O Box 80141 Saint Louis, Missouri United States of America

United States Post Office USPO Steal Under the Guise of Insurance. Saint Louis, Missouri

The USPO sells insurance but denies claims: they steal under the guise of insurance.

I mailed 20 boxes from MN to our PO Box, Pago Pago, AS: all boxes were insured and had custom forms.  Within 3 weeks we collected 18 boxes.  2 boxes were missing.  Over several weeks I handed a USPO clerk my insurance receipts and asked him to check for my boxes.  Each time, he said it wasnt there.  The USPO clerk said these boxes may come by boat and take 2-3 months to be delivered.  He asked me to wait until November.  I waited, went to the USPO with my receipts, and received the same answer: no boxes.  I gave a copy of my receipts to the clerk and asked him to check their records.  His answer, No, they havent been delivered.  He said file a claim online and did so.  I received a letter from the USPO Claims Department telling me that the delivery to AS was on 9/27/10, and my claim was denied (package delivered).  I showed the letter to the local USPO clerk. He looked and returned: he couldnt find the boxes.  I said I know I didnt receive the boxes because they have important resource materials.  I would know if these were in my possession.

I am sorry, responded the clerk.

I said, Either my boxes are lost in your local USPO or someone in the USPO stole them.  Where else can they be I asked?

I am sorry, responded the USPO clerk as he shrugged his shoulders.

USPO insurance is fraudulent. Why pay for insurance if the local USPO denies having my boxes and the USPO Claims says my boxes were delivered to the local USPO?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2010 09:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-States-Post-Office/Saint-Louis-Missouri-63180/United-States-Post-Office-USPO-Steal-Under-the-Guise-of-Insurance-Saint-Louis-Missouri-671213. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United States Post Office