- Report: #1020558
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: United States Post Office
United States Post Office475 L'ENFANT PLAZa Washington, District of Columbia United States of America
United States Post Office Post Office Bait and Switch Flat Rate Box Program Washington, District of Columbia
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Postal rip off?
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. The Post Office uses almost identical boxes for the two services (Flat Rate web site: https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail-flat.htm Priority Mail web site: https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm).
2. The Post Offices load the lobby displays with regular priority mail boxes even though sample Flat Rate Boxes are displayed. It is hard to find Flat Rate Shipping boxes and when i ask at the coutner they are usually out of stock.
3. The casual shipper will probably not notice any of this until its time to pay and they find out the price is a few dollars more than expected. [continued below]....
I am a casual shipper and this has happened on the last two items i shipped. On the second item, I was looking out for and they still got me (it was the almost identical boxes and the Post Office iwas in said they were out of the appropriate Flat Rate Boxes). so i paid the extra 3 bucks.
I think this happens quite a bit with the post office because its easier just to pay the extra and get done. I also think the Post Office knows this and thats why the boxes are so similar and they push the regular priority boxes. BAIT AND SWITCH.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2013 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-States-Post-Office/Washington-District-of-Columbia-/United-States-Post-Office-Post-Office-Bait-and-Switch-Flat-Rate-Box-Program-Washington-D-1020558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.