Complaint Review: United States Postal Service

• Updated: Wed, December 08, 2010

• Reported By: Susan — Monpelier Vermont United States of America
United States Postal Service
State Street Montpelier, Vermont United States of America

United States Postal Service package delivered but not to me Montpelier, Vermont

*Consumer Suggestion: File Dispute With Seller

*Consumer Comment: can be frustrating

I was expecting a package from a company and according to the tracking number it was delivered Friday afternoon December 3rd. yes, it was delivered but not to me. Someone else in this trailer park has my package and kept it. isn't it great we have such honest people and accurate mail delivery people. i am not happy to say the least and am out $51.50. No one wants to do anything about it. I was home all day Friday i took the day offf from work so i was home.Sorry my son was at work good try though. looks like the carrier put it in someone else's box and they kept it. have a great holiday and hope you sleep well at night. will not trust neighbors or post office ever again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2010 09:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-States-Postal-Service/Montpelier-Vermont-05602/United-States-Postal-Service-package-delivered-but-not-to-me-Montpelier-Vermont-669196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United States Postal Service

#1 Consumer Suggestion

File Dispute With Seller

AUTHOR: Bigcraig - (U.S.A.)

How did you pay by CC or Paypal/Google Checkout? If it is something you bought from ebay or any online retailer the sender is responsible for making sure the buyer receives it even if it has to be sent signature confirmation.

I sell things on my own website and according to Paypal and GCO rules it is MY responsibility to ensure the customer receives there item even if it costs me to insure and get signature confirmation which I do for anything over $5.

can be frustrating

AUTHOR: betty.b - (United States of America)

In the past 20 years, there have been probably 4 wrong deliveries.  To my knowledge, I'm not missing anything I expected, but just recently, along came a small package and as I was expecting something about that size, I opened it only to find it was some kind of Texas Instrument electronic devise to be added to an existing devise.  I looked at the address, lo and behold it was correct with street number, but not my street.

I felt bad for opening it, even if it was by accident.  I looked up the address and drove over there ready to apologize, only they did not answer the door.  I left it in their mailbox with a little note.

I think overall, mail carriers do an awesome job.  Many years ago, I sent a dear friend a small package of small items that were meaningful between us and it never got there.  I was told it goes to some central location and the best we could do was file a report and see what happens.  Never knew what happened to that package.  I've purchased insurance since that time when I mail something.

I would think if you have a tracking number that USPS knows was delivered somewhere else, they would at least meet you half way in compensation.