Complaint Review: United States Postal Service

• Updated: Thu, December 01, 2011

• Reported By: ElSiete — Penns Grove New Jersey United States of America
United States Postal Service
56 West Main Street Penns Grove, New Jersey United States of America

United States Postal Service Priority Mail Service 1 month and 5 days later and still no package or response from USPS !!! Penns Grove, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: I am also a victim of the clueless USPS

*Consumer Comment: USPS mail has no 'tracking' #, and why necessarily blame USPS?

*Consumer Comment: Priority mail has a tracking number....

Well once again the USPS shows me how much they really "SUCK !!!" at doing their job.
 My aunt sent my mother a package from Puerto Rico on 10/20/11 and it was expected  to be delivered on 10/24/11, but on 11/29/11 which is today still no package and no response from USPS. This was Priority Mail Service , my aunt paid $70 for this very,very bad service which is nothing but another scam from the USPS.

I have been calling these people for over a month and they cannot give me an answer to this issue. They have no
 idea where the package is at and of course we cannot get our money back. It is weird how they claim to have an excellent tracking system yet they have no idea where my moms    package is at. United States Postal Service ,once again "THANK YOU !!!" for doing what "YOU" do "BEST" which is "SUCK" at doing your "JOB".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2011 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-States-Postal-Service/Penns-Grove-New-Jersey-/United-States-Postal-Service-Priority-Mail-Service-1-month-and-5-days-later-and-still-no-802933. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United States Postal Service

I am also a victim of the clueless USPS

AUTHOR: inertia40 - ()

I had a 3 month supply of prescribed medications shipped from N.J. to Florida, Priority mail with delivery confirmation. When it did not arrive I called the local post office in Satellite Beach Fl. They informed me the package was delivered on Saturday 3/16/2013. I informed them it had not been delivered to me. Long story short, they gave me the run around, having an employee (Tony) call me the following Thursday and telling me they are doing an  investigation and will give me a call on Friday or Saturday. Needless to say, I never received a call back. The package contained a controlled substance and I cannot get an answer to where my medication is. I followed through contacting the Brevard County Sheriff's Office. I also filed a 2nd complaint on-line and received an e-mail stating, Thank you for your comments????? Is it any wonder that this Federal Company is losing Trillions of dollars each year? Most of the employee's are brainless morons who could not work in the private sector because of their stupidity!

USPS mail has no 'tracking' #, and why necessarily blame USPS?

AUTHOR: seeworthy - (USA)

In my business, I call USPS a necessary evil. By far, we have the most complaints regarding that service. Many of those complaints, however, are of no fault by USPS at all. The job was done perfectly, and you got what you paid for.

The majority of USPS shipments are still hand written. Errors when writing addresses are common and may be smudged in normal transit. This particular mailing in question also had a hand completed USPS 2976A customs declaration form, also hand printed. USPS Priority never has, and never could in it's current form, have a 'tracking' number. As this was an international mailing (yes, Puerto Rico is considered USA international), however, a barcode number on the declaration form it manually related to international Priority and Express services. People often mistake this as a tracking number. All that number will indicate, like a receipt for postage, when it was given to USPS and, but not always, when it left the country. Then, your package was obviously no longer in the United States Post Office care. A third party handles US mail in bulk with all other international mail to their respective countries. No 'tracking'. It gets there when it gets there.

It is also extremely common for customs to delay shipments for many reasons. ie: incomplete or incorrect information on the declaration forms, broker assigned duties and/or taxes, issues with commodities, etc. The carrier is often blamed for custom delays, just as this irrational complainer has done, though it is completely out of the carriers control.

To refer to USPS online monitoring as 'tracking', with technology where it is today, is an insult to other carriers such as UPS and FedEx. USPS tracking contains no GPS information, shows no hub activity, does not indicate unique activity (such as attempts to correct address errors, weather delays, etc.), and has no tracability whatsoever.

How about that Confirmation of Delivery? Sure. Works most of the time to show it was delivered, but not necessarily to the sender's intended address. Perhaps one should pay extra for that signature. Yes, that will get a sometimes legible scribble on a card to show a person signed for it. If you don't know the name and your recipient doesn't have it, too bad.

I ship postal myself on a regular basis, but only for small inexpensive or replacable items. If I would be bothered about a delay or loss, it goes UPS. I don't bother with insurance for either one. USPS insurance is virtually worthless when trying to recover, and UPS insurance is typically not needed if packaged to industry guidelines (same with FedEx). Just as the cliche' states, you get what you pay for. There will always be, however, those that demand the safest, fastest, free $100 insurance, guaranteed arrival times, etc, all for a buck two ninety five.

Got off the original point, but this international mailing will still likely be delivered just fine. If the address was printed perfectly and declaration was proper, then the delay is in customs. Blame them if you feel the need to release irrational aggression that is antogonized by a limited concrete thought personality. Unfortunately, that is what some people do "BEST".

Priority mail has a tracking number....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Has anyone bothered to go to the USPS site and check on the package?

Your aunt did keep a copy of the label didn't she?