Complaint Review: United States Postal Service

• Submitted: Wed, January 25, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 25, 2012

• Reported By: Heather12 — Sterling Virginia United States of America
United States Postal Service
46164 Westlake Drive Sterling, VA 20165 Sterling, Virginia United States of America

United States Postal Service Stolen package Sterling, Virginia

I ordered some pricey merchandise from Macys.com and had it shipped to my address.  The company provided wonderful email updates for tracking.

Apparently, the package was first sent to UPS and then from there it was sent to my local post office.  I checked on the tracking of the package and it stated that it was delivered 2 days before but I never received anything.

I called the post office for assistance with the tracking and was told that the postal carrier left it in front of my door.  I asked why he did that, since I live in a condominium and many people come in and out of the lobby.  I was told that he felt it was a safe area and that it was ok to do this.  When I asked her what was going to be done about it, I was told that it was considered delivered and there was nothing that could be done.

Now, I'm out $78 and no one is taking responsibility.  The package was not insured so the post office doesn't feel it's their problem.  I thought they were supposed to leave you a notification if they tried to deliver it and no one was home?
This is not the first time that this has occurred.  I hate my local post office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2012 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-States-Postal-Service/Sterling-Virginia-20165/United-States-Postal-Service-Stolen-package-Sterling-Virginia-828698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United States Postal Service