My story began in October of 2009, I was and still am living with my boyfriend and we both we're working. I knew I had a few disabilities but refused to back down so I continued working for 2 months before:
1. I started being able to sleep for up to 20 hours a day........Now it's a little bit better but every other day I still see that I am sleeping close to 16 hours a day.
2. I couldn't and still can't stand for more then 10-15 mins before I would get sever back pain and foot pain, even sitting as long causes my back to go.
3. I couldn't and still can't lift as much as I used to.
4. I was and still am getting sick all the time, had sever bronchitis last time.
5. I was and still am cold all the time, tired all the time, weaker, paler and continued nausea.
Like any other hard working American this would make you worried and you wouldn't know where to turn. I got on medicaid and it turns out I have a vitamin D deficiency on top of a blood disorder trait, pcos, mental disorder. Even the doctor said you need to file for disability.
My vitamin D level was pretty bad. Normal is 30, mine was down to 12 FOR A 25 YEAR OLD!!!!
The Thalassemia *Blood disorder trait* they tried to correct with iron tablets, which turned out to make me even worse so they stopped that.
So I did and the social security came back with:
1. THE ONLY GOT THE RECORDS FROM THE DOC IN IDAHO NOT EVERY OTHER DOCTOR THAT I WROTE ON THE FORMS.
2. They scheduled appointments for places I could not get to in the time they set it up, I don't have a car of my own and my boyfriend doesn't either we take public transportation or have someone else drive us.
3. Every time I called them to say I can not make it due to the fact that I can't get there they would cough up an attitude with me like I was nothing and that I didn't even deserve to have someone treat me with respect.
4. I looked up their little qualifications and I fit it for Beta Thalassemia Minor alone with what my current records has stated yet they still deny me. Also my mental disorder, it's clearly qualification material too. Maybe not the PCOS I will admit but my doctor stated to put everything down so I did.
They are making me do all the Oh how does this limit you to do what, even sent my own mother a thing to file about how it effected me when I was living with her. I haven't been living with her since I was 18, I'm 25 now like I was not telling the truth.
Social Security is a bunch of crap and should honestly be destroyed. They ruin lives and to this day I still don't get it and we're about to get kicked out of our place but do they care? Nooooo
Do they care that just like me, others are out there working so hard to get it yet not getting it even though they qualify?
Do they understand that OUR LIVES are at stake with this and yes I'm sure there are some cases of fraud but why punish everyone for their mistakes?
Has this ever happened to anyone else?